Monday, July 08, 2013

It was just a Fling...

I have lived in Chelmsford all my life except from my three years at uni and have never attended the Fling Festival until this weekend. I went on Saturday and it was great fun. After a year off the local festival returned to Central Park. My friend Amy was working there in the early afternoon so at about half 1 I gained my wristband and met up with her infront of Stage 1 with two Pimms Slushies in hand. Yes you heard me Pimms out of a slushie machine, it was amazing. I hadn't heard of many of the bands playing, had anyone? But there was lots more to do besides the bands. They had tents with cabaret acts, the big sing a long, accoustic stage and even a recycling bit where you could make your own hat. Mine had a crocodile stuck to it, obviously. We drank cider and pimms and sunbathed whilst making lots of new friends. I remember 'Dead Cannons' being pretty lively and the Dj's played some pretty good songs. I would highly recommend this festival to any fellow Essex dwellers.


Me and Amy

more photo's to follow, keep checking back. 

x

Edit: 



Yep that is a hat with a plastic crocodile on it and me making a stupid pose.

x


No comments: