Thursday, July 04, 2013

GLASTO Dos and Don'ts...

This is a quick guide on things to do and not do in preparation and at Glastonbury festival. Bare in mind this is only after my first time of attending this year and is based solely on my experiences. Any comparisons to experiences of yours is completely coincidental...

DO -

- Plan where you are going to camp before hand. We didn't and ended up walking for miles, FYI we headed for Dairy Ground and it was a really nice place to camp! Close to The Other Stage and not too noisy.

- Prepare to walk far to your campsite! (we walked for an hour and a half, doh)

- Plan your journey. If you need the west car parks find out how to drive to them through the village which we WILL be doing next year.

- Keep checking the weather forecast and change outfits accordingly. If you pack well before time you will end up in flip flops in the rain like many girls I saw.

- Be prepared for walking as aforementioned, but not just from the carparks all around the festival. Don't wear wellies if it's dry they will just make you uncomfortable. I wore ankle boots and they served me well!

- Take suncream whatever the weather forecast and re apply it, although I did this and still burnt my face and chest.

- Wear dresses, leggings and tights if you are girl. (or boy if that's what you're into) I found this the easiest because you can put leggings in your bag. It does get colder later.

- Put all your preconceptions of what the toilets are going to be like to one side because they will be even worse than you could have imagined.

- Buy a cheap tent from Tesco, mine was only £15 and completely waterpoof, it was amazing!

- Expect to meet strangers and instantly become best friends, I met some great people.


DON'T -

- Sit on any toilet seats, they are rancid.

- Expect not to queue for things, toilets, water, food etc. You will have to wait.

- Forget a hairbrush, I did and seriously my hair was nearly in dreads.

- Think you can't wash. Me and my sister managed to wash at our campsite and washed our hair under the water taps. Just don't hold up the people getting water!

- Think you won't see anybody you know. You will, I bumped into my good friend Katarina and found out she was camping like 100m away from me. Also saw somebody I knew at Uni. It's still a small world even at glasto.

- Compare it to any other festivals you been to before, it's completely different.

- Worry about your appearance, even though I did wash my hair ( seriously I had to). There is no need to spend hours in the morning putting on make up I saw a guy just in shorts caked completely head to toe in dried mud and a lot of people in hareem pants and poncho's. Seriously just don't worry.

- Have a budget of how much money you think you are going to spend. That will go out of the window, there are 'Lazy Daiquiri's' to buy and jerk chicken to eat!


I'll probably think of more things later but that is it for now :)

x

No comments: