Tuesday, July 02, 2013

GLASTO Part 1...

Okay so I was a Glastonbury festival virgin and had no idea what to expect but oh my gosh I recommend it to anybody umming and ahhing about whether to register and buy tickets this Cctober. First off it is MASSIVE. It will be the biggest festival you have ever been too. The largest festival I had been to before it had been V festival in Chelmsford and it's easily 5 times the size. The only down size to this is that we (me, my sister and her boyfriend) had to walk an hour and half from the most easterly car park to where we wanted to camp. To say our shoulders were in agony is an understatement. But once we had chilled out it was time to explore and get ready for three amazing days of music.

So the artists we saw on the first day (the Friday) were Haim, Jake Bugg, Professor Green, The Vaccines, Foals and The Arctic Monkeys, (FYI I'm looking back at the line up to remember these, it's so hard to remember who I actually saw!) In my opinion The Vaccines were easily the best all day and in contention for best artist we saw all weekend. They were so energetic and even though they were on the pyramid stage I could see them and hear them. They were putting in a lot of effort and getting very sweaty. I also have both their albums so could easily sing along to their hits such as "Bad Mood", "No Hope", "Teenage Icon", "Norgaard", "Wetsuit", "Post Break-up Sex", and "If You Wanna".
 I had heard a lot of hype about Haim but only knew their debut single "Forever"; which I danced and sang a long too in the sunshine! But their other songs were likeable too. They loved to just jam as well where they wouldn't necesarrily sing a song but just throw in some ooos and la's and jam on their guitars.
 Jake Bugg was excellent he is synonamous for being a quiet moody little teenage and he pretty much was seeing as he didn't sat one word during his set. But boy can he play guitar and sing well! I really enjoyed his set.
 Professor Green was as you'd expect, lively  and 'havin' it!' His crowd wasn't as large as expected due to his stage time of 5 pm but I enjoyed it.
 Now to me the sound coming from a band and the quality is very important, especially in the large crowds at Glasto. And Foals just didn't live up to my expectations it was sometimes hard to hear what song they were singing. Although saying this I still enjoyed their set and 'My Number' went down a storm!
 Arctic Monkeys, Arctic Monkeys, Arctic Monkeys, where do I even begin. For me they were a let down. Well the technical side was a let down on Glastonbury's part. The screens weren't working for 90% of their set. This meaning that us stood at the very right to the stage could not see a damn thing. Their sound wasn't very loud either and it just didn't seem like they were making very much effort. Also at the end of their short set I expected an encore so waited for near on 20 minutes and they still hadn't come back so us and many other people bailed. Then later on I hear that they did actually do an encore. Which makes me angry because it didn't seem like they were there for the fans at all.


Okay this is part one check back later for part 2. Also I'm going to do a DO's an DON'Ts for the festival at a later date to help out all you newbies.

I also took lots of photos with a weird film camera I had so will do a photo post!

x

No comments: