Monday, July 11, 2011

What did you expect?

So I've had like odd songs from a few albums for a while so I decided to actually download the full albums and listen to them properly. Last week I downloaded all of Arcade Fire's back catalogue :D. Today I downloaded The Strokes, Two Door Cinema Club and The Vaccines.

Arcade Fire: I think my favourite album is still The Suburbs just because that's what I have listened to most and I love pretty much every song on it. My favourite track is 'We used to wait', the lyrics are brilliant, the beat and just everything. I keep listening to it on repeat. Also 'Month of may' and 'Modern Man' follow closely behind. I think 'Month of May' is a lot different to some of their other songs but maybe that's why I like it. I'm also pretty obsessed with the title track from 'Neon Bible' and 'My body is a cage', love love.

The Strokes: I've never really been an avid fan of The Strokes but obviously you can't ignore 'Last Night' and '12:51' etc. But the new album Angles is pretty good, I love 'Under cover of darkness', I always play it in my car  the lyrics are good, 'I will wait for youuu, will you wait for me too?'.

Two Door Cinema Club: Tourist History is a very upbeat album. I've loved 'Something good can work' and 'I can talk' for a while; they are such happy songs although singing a long to 'Something good can work' makes you look like a fool because it's so quick haa. 'Eat that up it's good for you' and  'You're not stubborn' are also great songs, feeling this will be the album of the summer.

The Vaccines: After seeing The Vaccines live supporting Arcade Fire and then watching them on T in the Park my 'fandom' is firmly cemented. 'If you wanna' reminds me of old school indie and this song always gets stuck in my head. I think my two other favourite tracks from the album are 'Post break-up sex' and 'All in white'.

Okay that's it for my attempt at music journalism for a bit.

Now back to the usual drivel that's posted on this blog :P

1. Can you believe that Victoria and David Beckham have called their child 'Harper Seven' ?! I sincerely hope that this is a prank because I feel so sorry for that little girl. STUPID NAME! Although I guess after Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz you can't just call her Tracey or Laura.

2. So the News of The World is gone,done, finito. To be honest I'm not exactly cut up about it, I have never read it in my life but that's because it's definitely not my type of newspaper. I hope all the people guilty of the hacking get what they deserve.

3. I have to read Truman Capote 'In Cold Blood' for Uni and am currently on page 9.... Somebody give me some motivation! It only has 335 pages which I could probably read in a day if I put my mind to it but obv because I HAVE TO then I won't. fail.






haha :')



My desktop background :D



x ^_^ x

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'd just like to say Laura is the best name in the world ;)