Tuesday, November 22, 2011

GET SOCIAL

On Monday me and two of my uni friends got up early to attend the Handpicked Media Gets Social event. It was at the Royal Institute of British Architects and as soon as we walked in we realised the scale of the event. About one hundred bloggers attended and enjoyed the free goody bags and freebies from different companies at the event. There were many speakers from the more technical to faces from the fashion industry and bloggers.


This is the main hall where I met other bloggers and discussed how important blogs are and you can see the live twitter feed. #HPMsocial was trending on twitter in the UK after us only being there for 15 minutes, shows how useful social media is! 


This is where the speakers divulged their wisdom and you can see Shaa Wasmund in this photo.


I learnt lots of new tips about how to promote my blog and gained inspiration and motivation to carry on blogging! I had a very good day and would recommend it to anybody that is interested in blogging and social media.

x ^_^ x

3 comments:

Ciaran said...

Hi Lorna, thanks for the write up, glad you had a good time, thanks for coming, hope to see you at the next one!

Ciaran from Handpicked

Le Beauty Group said...

Lovely event, I had loads of fun, especially listening to the Beauty panel :)

http://www.lebeautygroup.com

Ysis
xx

Lorna Marie Hatch said...

Hi Ciaran, thanks for the comment, I look forward to the next event :D x