Wednesday, January 12, 2011

yet in darkness, what dense ignorance, was the mental battle fought!

I think new years resolutions are so hard to keep and therefore have failed to make one this year. However I've seen on a few people's blogs that they are attempting 50 books in 2011 and I feel like taking part. I'm going to attempt to read 50 books this year that I haven't read before. I started Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte today (hence the title of this post) and when I've finished that I'm going to start Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Heres a list of some other books I intend to read (can't think of all 50 yet...)

- The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

- Dan Brown - Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol

- Philippa Gregory - The Other Boleyn Girl

- Jane Austen - Pride And Prejudice

- Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels

- C S Lewis - The Magicians Nephew, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,The Horse and his boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair and The Last Battle

- George Orwell - Animal Farm and 1984

- John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men

- JD Salinger - Catcher in The Rye

- Stephen Chbosky - Perks of being a Wallflower

- Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita

- Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird

- Ian McEwan - Atonement

- Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones

- Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Travellers Wife

- Edith Nesbit - The Railway Children

- Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns

- Arthur Golden - Memoirs of A Geisha

If you have any suggestions or any of these books that you would like to lend to me, please comment!






x ^_^ x

No comments: